Saturday, July 25, 2009

I've got 99 problems but a dick ain't one

I'm very lonely these days... I can admit that. I would love to find someone that I can really connect with at this point in my life. BUT- I refuse to settle. I deserve someone who will treat me right- that I can be happy with, and so do all of you! I look around at so many of my friends' relationships and I see a lot of misery. If the person you're dating tries to give you a curfew, yells at you, demeans you, doesn't value your opinion, tries to act more like a parent than a companion, etc. Why be with them? I worry about a lot of my friends who are trapped in bad relationships. Don't get me wrong- none of them are in an abusive relationship or anything- but they're definitely unhappy. I was thinking about it today and out of all my friends that are involved with someone, I'd say about 3 of them are with someone who actually makes them happy on a regular.
So yes, I'm tired of being alone, but I'd rather be lonely than with someone who isn't right for me. I know that the right person will be worth the wait...I guess I just kinda hope the wait is over soon... lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment