Friday, September 4, 2009

When are they going to finish that birth control pill for guys...

Ever since the baby, my hormones have been so out of whack. It's incredibly inconvenient and horribly embarrassing. I have to stop myself from crying AT LEAST once a day- and from the most stupid things. Ok, example- I was watching HARRY fucking POTTER and when Ron gave Harry a jealous look, it happened. First there's the big softball in my throat and my eyes start to well up and then I just fight to hold the tears in. I'd say during that Harry Potter movie, this happened at least 5 times, and then I finally just let it out and sat in my basement crying. The scary thing is, I had Ruston almost 6 months ago. So I have to wonder, why are my hormones still so messed up? will I be like this forever now? I hate it so much. I don't feel like me.
I was at work this morning though, talking to my friend and co-worker, and kind of thought of something I hadn't before. I was telling her how I'm in a lot of pain and that this is day 32 of my period, and she asked what birth control I'm on. I told her depovera (the shot) and said that the doc. told me it's normal to have crazy periods for the first 9 months (aka first 3 injections), but my co worker told me to get off of it right away anyway. She said that all of her friends who took it got fat and turned into crazy hormonal freaks. So then I remembered a friend of mine who started getting noticeably chunky for awhile and then recently lost about 10-15 pounds since she switched birth control- I talked to her and it turns out she was on the shot too. I seriously hope it's just the shot that's making me hormonal and keeping me fat, since I've been working so hard to lose weight- with no luck. I called my doctor immediately after work today and she wont be back till next tuesday, so I have to wait to talk to her and see how long it will take for the depovera hormones to leave my body so I can get on paragaurd. Paraguard itself is supposed to be extremely painful to put in, and the only person I know who is on it, had to take off like three days from work after having it put in, because she couldn't walk from the pain. But shit, it's also the only birth control with no hormones, and I'm tired of being the sad fat girl.
So PLEASE, pray that all of this is just due to the depovera, and that I'm not stuck like this forever. I'd like to watch a commercial for rice krispy cereal without having to fight back tears.
:)

3 comments:

  1. IUD? My friend's got the non-hormonal _that_ and says it works real good. I hope you feel better soon!! It sucks to feel all crazy, like you can't control sh*t :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah- is IUD the same thing as paragaurd? or they different? paragaurd is a little copper thing they insert in you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s i've also NEVER been this horny in my life...i'm gonna go ahead and assume that's the birth control too. it's so out of control.

    ReplyDelete